You can access your Exchange contacts in Tact by syncing them through the Apple Mail app on your iPhone to Tact. Follow the instructions here to add Exchange contacts to Tact.
If you've already connected your Exchange account to your Apple device, just be sure "Contact" option is toggled to the "on" position (see the image for step 5 below). Once the "Contacts" option is in the "on" position, your Exchange contacts will sync to your phone. You can skip to the instructions for "Tact Contact Settings".
To connect your Exchange account to your Apple device complete the following steps:
Connecting Exchange to Apple Mail
1. Open the iPhone Settings App
2. Scroll down and Select "Accounts & Passwords"
3. Select "Add Account", choose "Exchange"
4. Fill in your Exchange email address and tap "Next"
5. Make sure "Contacts" is toggled to green and tap "Save"
6. You will now see "Exchange" show up under your accounts
Tact Contact Settings
In order for your Exchange contacts to sync to your Tact account you need to enable device contacts in Tact. Follow the steps below to sync your device contacts:
- Open Tact Settings and select "Data Sources" (tap "More" to see "Settings")
If you see a green check next to "Contacts" that means your device contacts are enabled
- If there's a red triangle, it means device contacts are not enabled and you will need to allow device Contacts for Tact from your iPhone settings.
Follow the steps in figures 4a-c to give Tact access to your device contacts
4. Enable device contacts in Tact
a. Go to iPhone Settings, scroll down and select "Privacy"
b. Select "Contacts"
c. Enable contacts for Tact by toggling the slider next to Tact to green
Your account will be prompted to re-sync and your contacts will begin to show in your Contacts tab in Tact.