Before you begin
You will need to know the following:
- Your Salesforce username and password
- Your email address and password for your mail client
Note: these are not always the same
Download Tact from the App Store
- Open the App Store and search for "Tact Smart Assistant'
- Download Tact
Create your Tact Account
- Tap on 'Create New Account'
- Allow Tact to access your local data sources
- Select which calendars and reminders to view in Tact
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please make sure you allow Tact access to your Contacts, Calendars and Reminders when you are prompted to do so.
Connecting an Exchange Account
- Select Exchange as the email source
- Enter your Exchange credentials
Note: If you are prompted to enter your email settings manually, you can find these settings in your iPhone settings under 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars'.
Connecting a Gmail or Google Apps account
- Select Gmail as your email source
- Enter your Gmail credentials
Connect to Salesforce
- Tap on "Connect" to set up Salesforce
- Start a free trial or use your existing subscription
- Enter your Salesforce credentials
Create your Tact username and password
- Tact uses your Salesforce username to create your Tact username
- Create your password
Enable notifications from Tact
Don't forget to allow Tact to send you notifications. If you miss this prompt or did not allow Tact tact to send notifications, goto iPhone Settings > Tact > Notifications > switch on 'Allow Notifications'.
Pro Tip: You can customize your notifications in Tact Settings > Notifications.
We're now creating your Tact account. You can close Tact for now and we'll send you a push notification and email when it's ready. When you open Tact for the first time, we'll need to sync your data to your phone. Leave Tact open on your screen until the sync completes and everything is ready to go!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Always resync your data and allow the sync to complete when you are prompted to do so.