When connecting to a Salesforce Sandbox, make sure to skip connecting to Salesforce during the sign up process.
Below is a step by step process of how to add a Sandbox Salesforce account to your Tact account.
1. Tap 'Create New Account'
2. Pick Local Sources Screen
- Select Contacts (by sliding the green bar to the right)
- **You must sync contacts in order to connect to sandbox
3. Continue through the sign up process by connecting
4. Connect Salesforce Page
- Tap 'Remind Me later' or 'Skip'
***Trying to connect here will invalidate the sandbox process
5. Select Email Sources Screen
- Tap 'Remind Me later' or 'Skip"
**If you get this error screen, select "Connect Local Contacts" and then refer to Error Step 2 above.
6. Tact Username
- Sign up using an email that ends in "@sandbox.tactapp.com"
7. Create a Password
8. Now allow the App to Sync
9. Close the app after sync.
10. Open Tact
- Go to Settings at the bottom right of your screen
- Tap 'Data Sources'
11. Data Sources
- Tap 'Salesforce'
12. Salesforce Connection
- Tap 'I already have a subscription'
13. Connect Salesforce Sandbox account
- If you are using a custom domain, make sure to select `Use Custom Domain`
14. Tap 'Resync'
If you ran into an error after Step 2, See below:
Possible Errors to look out for:
** If you have not given Tact access to your device's local contacts you will see this error page:
Error Step 1. Tap on Settings
Error Step 2. Select Contacts (by sliding the green bar to the right). You can find this screen by going to iPhone Settings > Tact.